LIBRARY SEEKING BOARD MEMBER
The La Grange Public Library is seeking interested Village residents to apply for a vacancy on the Library Board of Trustees. Due to a resignation, the Board has an opening for one member who will serve the remaining two years of a four-year term.
What does a Library Trustee do?
- Represent the community and its library needs.
- Represent the library to the general public, and advocate for the needs of the library.
- Hire and evaluate the library director.
- Create a long-range plan for library services and programs.
- Oversee library funds and approve the annual budget.
- Support the staff and director in carrying out library programs.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
Interested in applying to be a Library Board Member?
Interested parties are asked to submit a letter of qualification or resume along with a statement of interest to Library Director Jeannie Dilger, La Grange Public Library, 10 W. Cossitt Ave., La Grange, IL 60525 or email to email@example.com by June 12, 2015. For more information, please call Library Director Jeannie Dilger at 708.215.3273.